Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Late Nights, Early Mornings

Luke's birthday started out nice. I kept him home to spend some extra Mommy time with him. That morning, I could tell something was different. He was a bit more fussy than usual, but I thought he might be teething (his fingers are ALWAYS in his mouth!). He required extra attention that day in order to be happy. Then he took his nap for the day. Normally his naps are 2, sometimes 3 hours. I had to wake him up at just over 3 hours! I then found out why he was so tired! He was running a 102.6 F temp!
He ran a fever through the night, so we decided he should go to the doctor. It's a good thing because he has his first ear infection... and guess what! It's a doozy! He's got it in both ears! Plus, the doc said he is wheezy all over in his chest, so if we had let it go too much longer he might have gotten pneumonia! Ugh.
So now he is on prednisolone to keep his lungs from getting inflammed and help the gunk to get out. He is also taking Omnicef (antibiotic) and Dallergy>>I am so excited about Dallergy because it is an allergy med but it also has a decongestant! It is working wonders! His nose is running instead of staying stuffed. I think he is feeling relief from the congestion.
Too bad his fever has not gone away. Today we have had to give him Motrin and Tylenol and had to give him a luke-warm bath to cool him off. It's been rough! He's never cried so much in one day! I am really looking forward to some relief from this.
Sadly, he was going to have a bunch of family over tomorrow for his first birthday party, but now we are not. We are postponing til next Sunday. I was so excited about tomorrow! But he has to come first. I want him to enjoy seeing everyone. I hope that he is much better next weekend! How long does an ear infection normally last?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the best thing for Ear infectionis the eardoc. With the Eardoc there relay inst any problem. as it is non invasive and it treats the problem and not the symptoms
www.eardoc.info

Kristin said...

Bless his heart! I hope he feels better soon. We have been missing you guys!

jkear said...

You might try an EarCheck for your next ear infection (www.earcheck.com) I used it on my daughter and it works. It confirmed she had an infection so I gave her some Tylenol so she could sleep and then went to the doc in the morning and he confirmed it. It is great peace of mind!